Springfield Studio Internship
Applying for an Internship at NEPR’s Springfield Studio
Internships are offered for a minimum period of one semester with the expectation of 8-10 hours per week of student time. An internship may be renewed for an additional period.
Applicants must complete the WFCR Internship Application Form and return it, along with a cover letter, writing sample and resumé to:
New England Public Radio
131 County Circle
Amherst, MA 01003
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadlines for internship applications:
- Fall Semester: September 15th
- Spring Semester: December 15th
- Summer (late May/early June through August): April 15th
News - Applicants should be interested in journalism and public affairs, familiar with news writing and digital audio production, comfortable interviewing newsmakers and enjoy working under deadline. Students will work alongside New England Public Radio's experienced news team, learn the basics and get on air. Familiarity with NPR programs and public radio style is preferred. An understanding of basic web production is a plus.
- Pitch story ideas to the News Director
- Schedule and perform interviews in the studio, by telephone and in the field
- Report, voice and mix spot and feature-length stories for broadcast