Win a Trip to Cuba with NEPR and Earthbound Expiditions
Contest Dates: May 26 – June 18, 2015
- Eligibility. The contest is open to anyone 18 years of age or older, except employees of, and persons under contract to, the University of Massachusetts Amherst; members of the NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO Foundation, Inc. and its employees, employees of Earthbound Expeditions and immediate family members of all individuals in the preceding groups. (All references to “NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO” herein include radio stations WFCR, WNNZ(AM), WNNZ-FM, WNNU, WNNI and all associated translator stations.)
- Entry. To enter, go online to NEPR.net to enter your information on the form provided there, or call 1-800-639-8850, during the hours when the contest is open: 12:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 26 through 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 18, 2015. Any pledge received through the mail between Tuesday, May 26 and 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 will also be eligible. No pledge of a donation (or purchase) is necessary to enter. To enter without pledging, visit CONTEST ENTRY ONLY PAGE , or inform the telephone representative. Eligible sustaining partners of New England Public Radio are automatically included in the drawing. Only one entry per person is allowed. Multiple entries by one person from different e-mail addresses will be disqualified. NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected mail, technological errors, failures of the telephone or computer systems, and/or printing errors in any advertisement, entry form or the rules.
- Prize. During the “Discover Cuba with NEPR Giveaway,” NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO will give away two passages on the trip, October 23-31, 2015. (1 Night Miami, 5 Nights Historic Havana, Cuba’s colorful capital, 2 Nights Colonial Trinidad on Cuba’s South Coast) Approximate value: $8,700 *Prize does not include airfare to and from Miami; Cuba visa fee of $75; Travel Insurance up and above the included $1,000 mandatory medical insurance; Cuban airport departure tax of $30; Extra baggage fees; Additional concerts not included or tickets to a baseball game
- Awarding the Prize. The winner will be drawn and announced by 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 19, 2015. The odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries received. Winners will be chosen by random drawing. NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO reserves the right to award any prizes that are not claimed by July 19, 2015, to an alternate winner chosen in the same manner as the initial selectee.
- Claiming the Prize. To claim a prize, winners must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release to NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO by July 18, 2015. NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO reserves the right to award any prizes that are not claimed by that date to an alternate winner chosen in the same manner as the initial selectee. Any prize or prize certificate not claimed by July 18, 2015 (or in the case of an alternate winner, within thirty (30) days of his or her selection) will be forfeited by the winner. All prizes will be mailed to the winner following the contest. When the prize is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner, and the winner assumes the risk of its arrival. NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize.
- General. All prizes will be awarded. Any and all taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. The prizes may not be transferred without NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO’s permission, and any transferee must be an eligible entrant under these rules. NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO may substitute a prize of like value for the prize described herein, in NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO’s sole discretion. The winner may not substitute another prize for the prize described herein, nor redeem the prize for cash. NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest which will become effective upon announcement. Prize winners must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release by July 18, 2015 (or if an alternate, within thirty (30) days of his or her selection). Offer subject to federal, state and local regulations and laws and is void where taxed, restricted or prohibited. By entering, participants agree to these rules and the decisions of the judges and expressly consent to the use of their name, photograph or likeness for advertising this and similar promotions of NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO without compensation. Winners shall agree to hold NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO, the University of Massachusetts (its licensee), the NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO Foundation, Inc., and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or contest.
- Prize Winners. For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 18, 2015 to Katie Wright, NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO, 1525 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01103
- Rules. For a copy of the official rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope (Vermont residents may omit stamp) to: Katie Wright, NEW ENGLAND PUBLIC RADIO, 1525 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01103