Our panel of journalists looks at the big stories in the news.
What made The Short List this week?
- Gov. Charlie Baker signed a state budget into law this week, while vetoing millions in spending. We talk about what was included in the budget, and what got axed. (SHNS, via WBUR)
- Facing a budget deficit, the Pioneer Valley Transit Authority cut routes and service this week. But it could've been way worse. (NEPR)
- The Massachusetts Department of Transportation will study the possibility of putting a new exit on the Massachusetts Turnpike in the western part of the state. (NEPR)
- More than eight months after adult recreational use marijuana was approved by Massachusetts voters, a group of state lawmakers has reached a compromise bill making changes to the law. (WBUR)
- PODCAST ONLY: We ask our panelists to name their favorite odd/funny/quirky story of the week.