What made The Short List this week?
- The legalization last month of small amounts of recreational marijuana in Massachusetts has been a bit bumpy. It’s still illegal for individuals to sell pot. But we reported this week about a salesperson openly trying to work around the law in a Craigslist ad.
- Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson’s offered his inmates to help President-elect Donald Trump fulfill a campaign promise.
- The 190th session of the Massachusetts state legislature was called to order this week. All 160 state representative s and 40 state senators were sworn into office. Among them a good number of millennials — but do they have any clout?
- Cynthia Simison, Springfield Republican
- Matt Szafranski, Western Mass Politics & Insight