What made The Short List this week?
- A new Government Accountability Office report recommends the military begin screening for potential gambling issues. All the more important in Massachusetts, which opened its first slots parlor in 2015 and has two resort casinos under construction.
- Some people are pretending their dogs or other pets are service animals to get them on planes or in restaurants. In some cases putting them in service animal vests. Massachusetts disability advocates are upset and want to make it illegal.
- There’s more than a little chagrin about the Weather Channel’s naming of winter storms. Some main stream media including NPR won’t use these, saying they are no more than marketing.
- Natalia Muñoz, WHMP’s Vaya Con Muñoz
- Mike Dobbs, The Reminder newspapers