What made The Short List this week?
- Jewish Family Service is defending itself from Mayor Domenic Sarno’s accusation that his office was kept in the dark about the expected arrival of refugees in Springfield or nearby communities.
- Republicans in the U.S. Senate voted to silence Massachusetts Democrat Elizabeth Warren for “impugning the motives” of attorney general nominee Jeff Sessions, a GOP senator from Alabama.
- U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal found himself on the receiving end of tweets from President Donald Trump, after the Connecticut Democrat publicly shared part of his conversation with Trump’s Supreme Court pick.
- Matt Szafranski, Western Mass Politics & Insight
- Mike Dobbs, The Reminder newspapers