What made The Short List this week?
- Hampden District Attorney Anthony Gulluni will not pursue charges against police officers accused of beating four men outside a bar in Springfield. Gulluni said there was clear evidence of the April 2015 assault, but he could not prove the officers committed it.
- President Trump’s executive order last Friday temporarily banned travel for many immigrants from seven countries, and all refugees. This led to a whole lot of public outcry and legal action. Some students from Massachusetts were affected. We reported on one graduate student who was held up because he went back to Iran to get married.
- And Super Bowl Sunday is this weekend. We get predictions from our panel, and talk about the few die-hard Patriot’s fans are chagrined that Brady, Belichick and Kraft are friendly with President Trump.
- Ron Chimelis, The Republican newspaper
- Chris Collins, Greenfield Recorder