Do you listen to Public Radio? Are you often quoting NEPR stories you heard to friends in conversation? Do you constantly find yourself listening while doodling? This might be the answer for you to give back that love of listening to your public radio station!
New England Public Radio is seeking submissions from local artists for our 12th Annual Art Mug! The limited-edition mug will be available to New England Public Radio's contributing listeners during the station's on-air fund drives from September 2017 through June 2018.
What do New England Public Radio and the NEPR News Network mean to you? We're looking for a design created exclusively for New England Public Radio that reflects your interpretation or appreciation of the station, our programming, or even our home in western New England. We welcome all submissions from collage, to pen and ink, to photography — as long as it translates well on a coffee mug! The winning design will be posted on our website and will also be described over the air during the pledge drive for our listeners. If your design references the station by name, please be sure to use "New England Public Radio" The design chosen for the mug will be decided in-house at New England Public Radio and the chosen artist will be notified in September. Questions? Contact 413-735-6606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED FOR 2017
- The printing space is 4 1/8 inches high and 8 5/8 inches wide at least 300 dpi. The image will wrap around the mug almost from handle to handle.
- Jpg, jpeg, gif, png, bmp, tif, psd, pdf may be submitted
- The artwork will be affixed to the mug from a paper decal and kiln fired so the artwork's colors are preserved. This is a four color sublimation process.
- A caption such as "designed for New England Public Radio by ... 2017" must be included. It can run along the edge of the artwork (within the printing space) or be incorporated into the design.
- We request that a design be exclusively made for New England Public Radio and that we retain the original art for the station's permanent collection.
- Submit by September 6, 2017
See below for examples of the designs chosen in the last ten years.